Monday, February 1, 2010

NKOTB

Rupsa Ray - 07/01/2010

As a new member of the Bluelotus team I have been asked to pen down information about myself. It’s like filling up the about me column of our dear old “slam book”. The only difference being we could write anything there, here we have to give serious information! Anyway, without deviating from the main topic let me try and give a gist about myself. I am an ardent reader-interest lies from fiction to non-fiction, autobiographies, etc-depending on the mood. Anything adventurous attracts me, and I truly believe that my core nature is the inherent spirit of adventure. Traveling is another interest area, and currently planning a tour to Ladakh sometime this year. Instead of living a life bound to a single place and a monotonous pace, it is the spirit of wanderlust and a passion for adventure that is the basic core of my living spirit. My joys in life come from experiencing new things and having a new horizon to look forward to each day. Being a true Bengali by nature my love for food is inherent, hence experimenting with different cuisine is just another interest area (can’t say the same about my culinary skills though ;)). My almost three week stint with Bluelotus has been informative, fun and entertaining. Here work is fun, and people around are friendly and chilled-out, quite an ideal place to work. I hope to learn a lot more as I carry on with my journey with Bluelotus.








Yatin Mistry – 01/12/2009


HR…mind it!


Talking about myself is difficult because praises just don’t seem to end…beating my own drum comes naturally with me.

Joined as an intern me Yatin Mistry studied in IIPM (Mumbai) as MBA in Marketing and HR had little idea what an HR is suppose to act like, but yes the prospect of managing people effectively fascinated me as I believe I am a people’s person. With lots of inhibitions and fear, I started off in Blue Lotus on the 21st of September 2009. Now when I complete more than 3 months in this organization I cannot but help laughing at some silly blunders I made but none the less am glad that I had mentors like Shalini and Pooja who helped me to learn and develop As “hr person”…

What can I talk about this place, it is home away from home and working with wonderful people makes my work more interesting and challenging too as reaching expectations of all is indeed a task of great stature.

Now after months, if I try to beat my drum about my skill, then probably I might be welcomed by raised eyebrows because the real me is so well already seen by my colleagues turned friends. However I am a light hearted, simple and fun loving person. In short I am a people’s person and therefore I feel I have founds the job that suits my personality.




Shikha Pahwa – 01/12/2010

Press Release

Chandigarh fever beats Mumbai Masala

Chandigarh, January 25, 2010: I am Shikha Pahwa (WHO), joined Blue Lotus, Chandigarh on December 1, 2009 (When) due to permanent shift from Mumbai to Chandigarh (Why). Now my official address is SCO 43, Sector 47 Chandigarh (Where). I was asked to write about my experience with Blue Lotus by the HR team (What), as I have recently joined the company (How). That makes up the five W’s and one H.

So here we go:-

Woah! Fifty five days flew by. It seems like yesterday. As I walk through the nostalgic lane, sipping the garam cup of chai, I feel proud to be part of Blue Lotus family.

Just to brief you all about my past experiences let me take you few months back when I was happily working in Mumbai with Adfactors PR Pvt Ltd after completing my post-graduate diploma from Xavier Institute of Communications. I still remember the days in Mumbai, where I used to flutter around Colaba checking out almost every eating joint for the best and cheapest food available (Oh yeah…I am a big foodie).

Whereas, here in Chandigarh my family was plotting a different role for my life, they wanted me back home. Soon I became a victim of Emotional Atyachar (poor me). It was a hard decision for me to leave a place like Mumbai which is a dream destination for almost every Indian and come back to Chandigarh where people hardly understand the meaning of PR. I was going through the Hamilton dilemma of ‘to shift or not to’.

But then finally the day came when I took the step and came back to the city beautiful with almost no expectations from the media industry. Few days passed by and I started working as a freelancer for PR of our family business and for friends and acquaintances.

It was going smooth when one day a friend of mine (Business Standard journalist) introduced me to Blue Lotus family by stating “it’s the only professional run company in the region”. The introduction really tempted me and I met Kiran, and YES he was right. The company had that Mumbai flavor which I have been longing for.

It’s been almost a month-and-a-half with Blue Lotus that I have learned so much more about the industry that now I feel, whatever happens, happens for the best.

From innovation to implementation, from thinking to decision making, from marketing to client servicing, from Chandigarh to Mumbai, from Kiran to Mouli Sir, all have something in common (BLUE VIBES, I would say) which is positive and which is so motivating that makes me believe in the company’s potential. Now, every morning I ask myself as to what I should do next that would make our company an industry leader; as I am pretty much excited to grow with this company.

In a Nutshell: Mouli Sir and Kiran are the kind of ‘chiefs’ that every employee desires J . Thanks to the Blue Lotus team (especially the HR team) for letting me become a part of the family.

Cheers!!!!!!
For any clarifications please contact: Shikha Pahwa Blue Lotus Communications +91 99153 97708




Pratyasha Malakar – 20/11/2009


I would describe myself as short, around five feet with semi wavy black hair all over my head. I have a funny blunt nose with gigantic eyes that change their radius with my mood. I would not label my size, as in width or depth, large or small but right in the middle with developing muscles. I would have to say that the stump in my height is blamed on my genes…I have a few key characteristics and many people have commented on them. I have an eye for detail and a terrific sixth sense about things that are going to happen to my loved ones. I love all the cute and dreamy things around me like puppies, babies, music and sea side. Of course chocolates and ice creams. I love long drives, somewhere far from the maddening crowd or explore the unexplored places. That’s the love part. Now the hate part: I hate people who are hypocritical, dogmatic, superficial, chaotic and ungrateful. Last but not the least, I thank all you for letting me be a part of this wonderful family called Blue Lotus. Blue Lotus rocks. I hope it will rock forever.

N

No comments: